STA offers our trainees and mentors job placement in full time or part time work within thirty states across America and Canada in 842 locations under the Boyd Group. It makes us one of the largest critical skills placement providers in the automotive industry. With a growing customer base, we offer all trainees the ability to remain, or relocate to other locations, due to life or career advancement choices. We offer flexible work hours in most regions to better suit family or parenting commitments.
Career Accelerator Program (CAP)
SMART offers candidates and managers the opportunity to be micro-matched to additional positions within the administration aspect of the business of collision repairs. Our CAP program, using our parent company Boyd’s vast network of employment opportunities offers non-suited & pending candidates the option to be placed in other roles that might be more in line with their skills set and ability.
See some of the additional Career Opportunities
• Auto Glass Technician
• Diagnostic Technician
• Parts Manager
• Customer Service
• Car Presenters
• Porter / General Hand
What new skills you will learn at SMART?
- Repair Planning & Blueprinting
- Vehicle Disassembly & Assembly
- Plastic Welding & Heat Manipulation
- Parts Sanding & Preparation
- Spray Painting Primers
- Micro Filler Application
- Light Body & Parts Repair
- Glue Pulling – Micro Impacts
Specialty Micro Auto Repair Technician
Specialty Micro Auto Repair Technician
Who we are?
About the Job:
Skills you will learn and be certified in:
- Plastic Welding & Repairs
- Vehicle disassembly and assembly
- Repair Planning & parts tagging
- Part sanding and preparation
- Spray painting and texture application
- Mobile and PC software systems
- Management, Customer Service & Wellbeing
What you will do:
- Physical Work: Lifting light plastic car parts and sanding parts
- Taking parts of vehicles and tagging
- Plastic welding using fuse welding gun and plastic rods
- Use equipment such as sanders, air tools, hot air welders & spray guns.
- Stand for long periods working on parts and cars
- Use mobile/tablet to enter job numbers and part images
- Identify plastic and part imperfections via visual & hand inspection techniques
- May need to work independently and within a team
- Work within a workshop environment with some noise
BENEFITS THAT DRIVE YOUR SUCCESS
Gerber benefits you would expect from an industry leader, including:
- Competitive Pay Plans -Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Short-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Earning capacity stages:
Trainee Salary Training period of 4 to 12 weeks is based on a $17 to 19 flat rate until certified.
After certification as a “Specialty Micro Auto Repair Technician” additional bonuses or commissions could take place.
Driven to Achieve More
Promotional opportunities and further earning capacity available for those candidates who evolve their career from the Plastic repair role, into positions such as Body Technicians, Estimators or Managers.
Monday to Friday – 8am to 5pm –
Additional hours can be worked based on work load and approval
For more information feel free to reach out
Mario Dimovski – Program Director [email protected]
What trainees are saying?
"Starting my career with SMART was the best decision I have ever made. I gained the confidence to better myself and developed new trade and life skills. After certification, I now have a great job working for one of the industry’s leading collision groups BOYD, and earn a great salary."
"I didn’t know what I wanted to do and came across the SMART academy, I loved the fact they provided a secure job and career for one of the largest collision companies in the world. I love that I can learn new things and I am assessed on my skill set to do the work I am suited for.
Joining the SMART academy is the best thing I could have done and now I am looking toward a
career for life."
"I came from overseas as a refugee and loved the training and access to new technology to learn, especially using the virtual reality for the spray painting classes. The trainers are so professional and take their time to explain and train you at your pace. I am enjoying my time and looking forward in growing as a Body Technician."